Preparing for your Spray Tan
Prior to your Tanning Session:
Not properly preparing your skin is the biggest cause for a dissatisfy spray tan. One of the biggest mistakes people make is they exfoliate too harshly. Salt or sugar scrubs, mitts or luffas may be too harsh. DHA the active ingredient that gives you your sunless tan interacts with dead skin cells. So if you exfoliate too harshly your spray tan might turn out splotchy. You only want to remove loose dead skin cells. We recommend you use a gentle exfoliate.
IMPORTANT! The moment water touches the sprayed skin the tanning process stops in the area affected by the water.
If it is raining on the day of your spray tan, wear full protective clothing to cover the entire body to ensure it does not come in contact with the rain.
- The session takes up to 20 from start to finish.
- Barrier lotion will be applied to the bottom of you feet to avoid contact with the over spray.
- A nose filter will be provided and a lip balm applied.
- If you suffer from respiratory problems, please contact your doctor before boo
king your treatment.
- You will dry for 5 min.
Post Spray Tan Session Advice:
- It is crucial that you DO NOT touch the sprayed areas, doing so will eventually turn your fingers/hands brown.
- Wear dark loose clothing to leaving in after your spray tan e.g. a oversize t-shirt and sweat pants. Avoid anything that is tight or has elastic as they can leave marks while you are still in the drying process. Preferably do not wear a bra for at least 4 hours afterwards.
- Wear flip-flops.
- DO NOT rub or scratch your body as this can also remove the spray tan tanning solution during the developing process.
- Avoid any strenuous exercise or perspiration activity immediately after the spray tanning session as this will affect the developing process. Sweat can cause a natural reaction that results in poor color and uneven results. Avoid any water contact on the skin until after the first shower. Water contact stops the tanning process immediately. Do not let your pets lick you as this too will cause streaking.
- If you are receiving a spray tan on a hot day it is recommended to apply talcum powder to areas of excess sweating after the spray tan is dry. It is also recommended to sit on a towel in the car after tanning to help prevent sweating.
- Wait at least 8 hours before showering. The bronzer will wash off during the first shower. This is normal.
- When showering for the first time and for the lifetime of your spray tan, put some gentle cleansing liquid in your palms and lightly apply it. Rinse your skin. DO NOT USE A LOOFAH, BUFFPAD, NYLON PUFF, or WASHCLOTH! A rich moisturizing soap free body wash designed for spray tan is best recommended and available at our location only at a special low price. Use warm water and pat dry. Avoid long hot showers/baths, spas, excessive heat such as a sauna and rubbing of the skin afterwards as this increases the natural skin exfoliation process. If you are going to be in a pool or at the beach, be sure to wear a thick waterproof or sport SPF to create a barrier between your tan and the water.
Remember to wear a protective SPF Sunscreen when out in the sun to avoid sunburn.
Most Important Apply a good moisturizer in the morning and at night! the best kind would be a tan extender. A tan extender has a light DHA bronzing in it to extend the look of your spray tan and reduces uneven wear and patchiness sometimes caused from shaving or chlorine exposure. Moisturizing slows down the natural skin exfoliation process thus extending the life of the tan. The more moisturizer you apply the longer the tan will last. Avoid using moisturizers or products that contain Glycolic Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Sodium Laureth Sulphate as these ingredients promote increased exfoliation and will accelerate the fading process of the tan. Tan extenders are also available at our location at a low special price.
IMPORTANT: Like perfume or cologne, the sunless solution reacts with each person’s skin chemistry and this determines color depth, tone and longevity. Most people will develop natural, even color from the solution as long as the before and after recommendations are followed completely. Some people will get a golden- tan color and others will develop more of a brown-tan color. The color difference is mostly due to the uniqueness of each person’s skin chemistry, not the solution. Other factors that can play a role in color tone are perfumes, moisturizers, and cleansing agents used prior to the airbrush session. It is VERY important for the skin to be clean and free of any other agent used prior to the airbrush session. The longevity of your spray tan will depend on the maintenance you give it and how well your skin reacts to the spray tan solution.
We recommend that after continuous spray-tanning, let your skin rest. This allows you to completely lose your sunless tan periodically, which helps eliminate patchiness or uneven areas of wear. These areas are caused by normal contact with clothing and other surfaces, which cause unintended exfoliation. Healthy, moist skin will retain the results of your sunless tanning session longer. Sunless spray results will vary by individual.
Products NOT recommeded after tanning:
- Deodorant Bar soaps
- Curl lotion -Hair thinning lotion or removing lotion
- Anit-aging products or AHA’s -Beta Hydroxy Acids-Salicylic Acid
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
- Alcohol based products such as toners and astringents
- Anit-acne products
- BandAids pulls off layers of the “Tan”
- Pore cleansing facial strips
- Depilatory products
- Shaving with a dull razor
- Pat dry instead of rubbing
- Bleach products for body hair
- Bug sprays – try to spray your clothes instead of you. If you must have it on you, spray a “cloud” to go through.
Book Online now & Enjoy your tan you’ll look and feel sexy!!